About the Hiper floor polished concrete
Hiper floor polished concrete floors are the latest trend in office spaces, retail spaces, manufacturers warehouses, and homes. This is simply because they are easy to maintain, extremely cost effective, and have a beautiful mirror-like glossy finish to them that will outlast any other surface available on the market today compare damaged concrete floor increases the risk of accidents and cannot be cleaned sufficiently with daily cleaning. Oil leaks, greases and chemicals penetrate into the core of the concrete and cause considerable damage. The repair or renovation of a damaged concrete floor entails considerable costs. This is not the case for the unique Hiper floor grinding and polishing system for the improvement and protection of concrete floors.
There are a variety of options when choosing your polished concrete flooring, including the integral or penetrating stain color, the gloss level, and aggregate type. Our professionals will assist you in the processes used to reach the desired finish you request. Whether you’re looking for a super shiny floor or a subtle reflection, the options are at your discretion.
The advantages of the Hiper floor concrete polishing system
The demand for polished concrete has increased dramatically over the past twenty years. Polished concrete floors continue to be popular for several reasons, all of which include:
- Low maintenance: in high traffic areas such as commercial buildings or office spaces, having low maintenance floors is a necessity. To keep polished concrete floors clean and “like new”, all it needs is mopping using a dust mop on a regular basis, using cleaning product semi-regularly. There’s no need for messy coatings such as wax. Labor costs are cut when compared to wood or carpet flooring because polished concrete requires less cleaning time.
- Long term durability: foot traffic from employees or customers, forklifts, carts, etc. can be harmful to many surfaces and demand replacement every 5 – 7 years. With polished concrete being a permanent floor option it is no wonder why many large retailers find this surface to be there preferred choice.
- Less maintenance and longer service life: Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping. They also eliminate the need for messy waxes or coatings as well as the associated labor, time, and expense to apply them. The glossy surface of polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires and staining from oil and chemical spills.
- Free from moisture transmission issues: Alternative flooring options such as tile, wood or carpet leads to issues such as adhesive deterioration, bumps, ridges, color changes, mold, bacteria growth, peaking or curling, all caused by sealing of the floor, not allowing it to breathe. Polished concrete floors simply don’t have these issues.
- Efficient long-term floor: Going green or simply want to do your part in making your business or home eco-friendly? Polished concrete is a great flooring option for sustainability. When left exposed, concrete floors have two functions: they are the foundation slab along with the finished flooring. By eliminating the need for wood, carpet or tile, you save resources that would eventually need replacing.
- Enhanced Lighting While Saving Energy: one of the nicest qualities of polished concrete is the mirror-like, glossy reflection which becomes a benefit to your energy bill. Upon completion 25 – 30% less lighting is necessary due to the high reflectivity of the polished concrete. This not only reduces the lighting needed but will noticeably reduce the demand on HVAC units due to less heat generated by lighting
With S & S Group you will transform your old and dusty existing concrete floor into an extremely hard, dust proof, durable and abrasion resistant surface.